Sunday, August 16, 2009

CELEBRATING VISITORS TO THE ZINNIA GARDEN






It's a happy day when we have so many visitors to the zinnias.

Have I mentioned zinnias are my favorite flower?

I can't help but take lots of pictures of them. They bloom for so long and as they morph they change into something new and different in the process. Look close... they look like little cakes. At least they do to me.

I would challenge any talented cake designer to make one! Sculpting cakes like flowers is a whole market! As delicious as they look!

We had one other visitor to the zinnias.. a humming bird! I was taking pictures of the white butterfly, and a hummingbird flew up. My gasp of delight scared it away.

Celebrating summer! Celebrating completion of summer term at school! Celebrating life & zinnias!



No comments: