Wednesday, February 11, 2009

24 Hours of Inspiration













The first came at work when a student brought her milk money, all in dimes.

She came back again at lunch, dug in her pockets, pulling out a mound of change. Lunch money, all in dimes.


I didn't think much of it at breakfast, but when the dimes poured in at lunch, it hit me. I must be in need of some inspiration.


Then during my lunch hour, I went to pick up my son and there, perched in between car seat and door: a dime.


Then later at home, I found a note on my desk from my daughter. She'd found a dime and placed it there with the note.

When I asked her where she found the dime she said "In the bathroom, on the rug." I'd just visited the bathroom and I didn't see any dime. And you would guess by now that I notice dimes.

COINCIDENCE? Or something more divine?
I was sick today and stayed home from work. While I lay in bed I had my laptop on and stumbled upon a website that posed the question: "What does it mean when you keep finding dimes?" So naturally I spent some good time reading the posts in response. Delighted to know I am not the only one who finds dimes, dimes and more dimes. I also found a post that responded with information about numberology and the importance of the number 10. Read here:

"If the number One symbolizes the beginning (& it does), then we can say that the number Ten represents the outcome, result, or achievement of that first step or beginning. The most profound message number Ten hails is whatever we sew, we shall now reap. In other words, what comes around goes around. Ten also represents fulfillment, attainment, and completion. These attributes are obtained by observing the Ten containing all the elementary numbers from 1 to 9. As such, Ten is a vessel holding all the jumbled up potential found in the language of numbers. Ten is also a bit slippery because reduced - it turns back to number One - hence, again - a full circle, coming to the beginning - finding unity (all is one, one is all). That you are picking up a great deal of dimes is quite a good sign. Specifically, dimes may be symbolic of shiny opportunities coming your way that you once thought were lost to you. Remember Tens are strong representation of recycling events (full circle) - a dime is a superior symbolic symbol of such phenomenon. Consider how many times a dime (or any money for that matter) is recycled through our society. Symbolic dimes provide messages of lost opportunities regained. Things we thought we should not or could not do are beginning to resurface. Our energies are being recycled. Our intellectual currency is on the brink of change. Shiny, bright and round, these dimes on your path are beacons of promise. They hold the meaning of number Ten firmly in their vibration and that is: Events are coming full circle. Cast off the old, and don the new. Step into the beginning that is for your greatest good."
For whatever reason, a SIGN OF THE DIMES is a very good thing, indeed!

No comments: